Tuesday, February 15, 2011

First Time

Hello everyone! This is Shin's Vegan Lovin' and you can call me Bou Shin! I'm a Vegan teenager who loves a different variety of foods and who loves to voice their opinion about them. The site will feature other well known and not-so well known Vegan foods and sites, my own recipes and their photos. I hope you enjoy the blog and to tide over the excitement enjoy this picture -





Field Roast Corn Dog with Tiger-Chili Sauce.

It had a thin and cracker-like crust, which reminded me of the spring rolls I used to eat when I was younger and my eating habits were less healthy. It allowed for the flavor of the Field Roast to come through and for its meatiness (eggplantiness?) to aid the absorption of the heat and the sweet of the chili sauce. Unfortunately this was the last piece of field roast that I had, meaning that I couldn't make more and I most definitely couldn't make a picture of the full uneaten one. It was too good!

This was also the one time that I've never measured when using flour, meaning that it was just a mixture of things to help solve my hunger pangs. I combined some corn meal with a larger amount of flour, some baking soda, sugar, salt, paprika, a pinch of baking powder and a splash of original soy milk to  make it the consistency I wanted. After whisking it together and preparing the oil, I dropped a tiny piece of batter into the oil to see that it was done and I whipped out my (Field Roast) sausage, cut it in half and shoved two bamboo sticks into the smaller sausages. Then it was just a matter of making a sauce with some salt, sugar and chilies, which I then chilled in the fridge as I dunked the sausages in the batter and waited for them to cook. They were incredibly adorable and incredibly delicious!

baking soda, sugar, salt, paprika, a pinch of baking powder corn meal flour splash of original soy milk (Field Roast) sausage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...