Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bento Zoony, Coconut Mochi and Love


I've just recently won a Bento Zoony from Bento Anarchy and it was delivered speedily. I was so happy about it that I used it almost as soon as it was received. I found that while the Zoony was small - it could carry enough food to satisfy me - and it was absoluetly adorable! On the left side you see an ice pack, a bento band and the two filled tiers!

There were three tops to the bento that snapped very well together as long as you don't overstuff. But even if you do, the band keeps it together very well. I just want to thank Natakiya for sending this to me and providing the giveaway. Now onto the food -



(Coconut Mochi Ingredients)

  • About 1 cup of Mochiko
  • 1/4 tsp of Sea Salt
  • 1/4 cup of Sugar
  • 1/4 cup of Silk Coconut Milk (or regular coconut milk)
  • Unsweetened Coconut Shreds

(Directions)
  • Mix the liquids together and mix the rest in order. Use your hands to squeeze and mix the ingredients together until they become a smooth but malleable ball.
  • Split it into about five pieces and roll them into balls. Place them on a soaked cheesecloth and steam them for about 15 minutes, let them rest for a minute and then roll them in the coconut shreds.
  • Place them in the bento with the rest of the coconut shreds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...