Saturday, December 8, 2012

Cookie Monster Birthday Cake



I'm not going to go on about how good this cake is, how white it is or how "unhealthy" it is - because I like it and I could make it for a bunch of birthday occasions. But it's pretty obvious that this isn't my first cake rodeo, I have so many cake recipes up the wazoo on this blog that may hint to deeper, more disturbing things. You see, when I was a chubby little two year old my brother's birthday cake had arrived at the house, which makes sense since it was his birthday (man, I'm like a detective or something - just call me Shinlock!).  It was a white cake with chocolate frosting and all of a sudden I felt something, a primal urge. I was a cavegirl and that cake was just setting off my radar - I had to pounce. I squirmed and squealed in the arms of my sister, only having a few repetitive words in my vocabulary really didn't help me at this time but my intentions were clear. "No! That cake is for your brother!" I imagine my sister said with her french wig and corset and expensive jewelry that was draining the French economy. I'm 100% sure she told us all to eat cake before, but then again I was two -years old.

Unfortunately for them (and later, myself) the matriarch of the family decided to take a nap and that is when I took a chance. I recall seeing a "Cosby Show" episode with Rudy and Cliff stuffing a cake with napkins after eating a slice and thought that I should do the same. Of course...it would have to be taken from the middle because I'm a cake expert and I knew that it would fall. I had just dove into the cake and found that it wasn't worth it. I hated chocolate, yuck! Of course, right underneath the layer of the na-na-na-nasty chocolate there was the delicate and fluffy vanilla cake. That was my prize for being such good girl, besides, being the baby of the family means that I get whatever I want.

As I peered over the cake with about 10 feet of chocolate-covered napkins in my left hand and a chunk full of cake in the middle I heard an "Ooh!" and snapped my head around to see my sister shaking her finger at me...boy was I in trouble. Let's just say that the ending to that story was not a happy one - but I still hate chocolate frosting!

Now, I think we outta get down to this cake recipe. Its just a white cake with white icing with lots of Newman-O's (and a few Ore's as well).





(Cookies N Cream Cake Ingredients)

  • 4 C. Cake Flour
  • 1 tbl. Baking Powder.
  • 1 & 1/2 C. Powdered Sugar
  • Pinch of Salt
  • 1 C. Soymilk + 1/4 C. Vegetable Oil & 1 tbl. Vanilla Extract
  • Smashed Cookies

(Directions)
  • Sift your dry ingredients together then stir in your wet.
  • Fold in your cookies then tap on a flat surface 15 times before baking at 350 degrees.
  • Bake for about 30 minutes or until your toothpick comes out clean from checking it. Take out of pan and allow to cool.
  • Decorate with white frosting and many more cookies, slice and enjoy!

You can use any frosting recipe that you like, but I'll be doing a few tutorials pretty soon. ^.~

2 comments:

  1. Newman O's! The tasty-maker. I'd like to channel the two-year old in me and dive into this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! Nice! I don't think you'd get into too much trouble with this one, though. ^.~ Thanks for commenting, Ellen!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...