Saturday, January 12, 2013

Vegan Yellow Cake Recipe (Soy-Free)

Have you ever heard of "The Vegg"? Its a product that I've been using for a while this month and that I really like. Its meant to replace the egg yolk in most recipes and while yellow cake varies in amounts - its generally pretty high. I've found that "The Vegg" works excellent in replacing the egg yolk and that I can easily strengthen it by combining it with cornstarch. This cake ended up being really moist and great despite my oven having to be at 400 degrees for about an hour to cook anything now.

(Vegan Yellow Cake Ingredients)
  • 1 C. of Coconut Oil
  • 2 C. of Raw Sugar
  • 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
  • 2 TBL. Cornstarch
  • 1 tsp. of The Vegg
  • 1/4 C. of Cold Water
  • 2 tsp. Baking Powder
  • 1 C. Non-Dairy Milk + 1 TBL. Apple Cider Vinegar

(Directions)
  • Cream your coconut oil with the raw sugar then add in the baking powder and vanilla extract.
  • Blend your cornstarch, vegg and the water together in a blender, then cream it into your oil and sugar.
  • Alternate with your flour and milk and fold/stir them together
  • Preheat your oven to 350, spray and line your pan with parchment paper
  • Bake for about 30 minutes or until fully cooked, allow to rest and then frost with your favorite frosting recipe or use a chocolate fondant like I did!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. yay for vegan yellow cake! I've tried the vegg and made a omelet with it that was pretty good. I got a free sample and I haven't bought any more, you have inspired me to get more though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds delicious and that's great, GiGi! Thank you for commenting! ^^

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...