Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Tofu Breakfast Scramble (Wheat-Free, Gluten-Free, Low-Fat)



I like things complicated. And I like things simple - now that I'm in the STEM field, all I have time for is simple. Unfortunately, however, I forgot my actual camera at home until November - so bear with me! :)



The best part is that you can just throw it together and be done, no need for a blender to make this fluffy, creamy, "meaty" breakfast! It's so fluffy and you can use this variation for anything else.

Tofu Breakfast Scramble Ingredients:
16 oz Tofu
2 cups Cooked Spinach
1/2 package Soyrizo
1/4 cup +1 tbl Cold Water
1 tbl Cornstarch
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Sazon Seasoning Mix
Ground Black Pepper
Olive Oil (for cooking)
Cheeze Sauce Ingredients
1/4-1/2 cup GF Flour
1/4 cups Cold Water or Non-Dairy Milk 
1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 Squeeze of Yellow Mustard
3 tbl of Coconut Oil

Combine your cheese sauce ingredients in a sauce pan, do not turn it on. Then, mash* the rest of your ingredients together, and put into a medium pan over low heat in the olive oil. If you fear that it will be too watery, add the water gradually. Turn on your pot with the cheese-sauce, constantly stirring. Once it thickens enough, either pour into the middle of scramble or drizzle it on after your plate is covered in salsa!

*I made mine more of an omelets with the help of a blender I had

Super easy, super yum, and pretty healthy too!

Who says you need dairy?

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...