Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sweet Potato Waffles



A very lovely person went to the store and bought a cheap waffle iron just for me! I've been wanting home-made waffles for years and lately I've been using it for at least five times a week, when I can. My favorite type of waffle is set just before you - sweet potato with cinnamon and nutmeg. Originally I had just made them to get rid of the extra sweet potato pie filling from Thanksgiving. But for now - I'm hooked.



(Sweet Potato Waffle Ingredients)

  • 1 Large Diced Sweet Potato (Boiled)
  • 1/2 cup of White Whole Wheat Flour
  • 1/2 cup of All-Purpose Flour
  • 1/4 cup of Sugar
  • Enough Non-Dairy Milk to Thin it out
  • Cinnamon and Nutmeg to taste
  • A pinch of Salt
  • 2 tbl of Oil (optional

(Directions)
  • It is best to use an electric mixer to blend ingredients while you heat up your waffle iron.
  • Follow waffle iron instructions as best as you can and keep the already made waffles in an oven at 200 degrees to stay warm until you're ready to eat.
  • Cover with your favorite fruits, some coconut cream and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...