Monday, September 24, 2012

Culinary Classes & A Reminder

Hello everyone! If you've friended me on Facebook or have 'liked' my page, you may be aware that I have been trying to go into some culinary classes. The college and system that I had initially tried for was not good at all - and so I just got stressed out and never had a chance to go. Thankfully, however, thanks to a new eye-opener, my guidance counselor and a great teacher I have been able to start some classes and lessons. You can't believe how happy I am and how much my own confidence has raised. I am really proud of myself for never giving up - and I am so thankful to all of you that have taken the time to listen to and support me. :)

Today was quite fun, I was the first to arrive to class (as usual) and while I was a touch nervous there, I knew that I was in my element. We started off with gathering a few ingredients for my first class period, and since my teacher was both aware and very interested in my veganism he decided to give me a vegetarian recipe. It was for Asian Sesame-Soy noodles and sadly we didn't have a lot of the exact ingredients, but it is a very quick stir-fry dish so my partner and I went to work with finding ingredients for tomorrow's recipe. When he came around to check for ingredients that he needed to buy and to suggest substitutions, I suggested mixing vinegar, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar and molasses together for the missing dark brown sugar and soy sauce. I hope it turns out well although I really don't like sweet foods (surprising, huh?). The next cooking class I had, I volunteered to make some simple naan bread and I actually have to make naan bread for someone else as well, tomorrow. So I am thinking that I should probably do all of the preparation (kneading, rising ect.), slice them into equal but separate pieces per each recipe and have the other girls grill them. I may be using some vegan ghee from non-dairy margarine as well, with cilantro for decoration. This food blogging has really paid off!

Well, that's it from my adventures for now! Hope you guys have as great of a day as I!



Now, for that reminder - don't forget to enter my giveaway! Its absolutely free to you and you get a choice of your prize. Go to to this link  http://shinsveganloving.blogspot.com/2012/09/funbites-review-back-to-school-event_20.html and you can enter every day for six more days!

Enter now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...