Sunday, June 5, 2011

I Prefer My Penguins Cold

I just found him like this - I swear, man! I can't go back to Antartica, I just..this is food? I knew that, I'm just practicing some...acting lessons. Yeah, acting. He's surrounded by tofu, salad,  rice and lots of bell peppers. Doesn't that sound tasty and not like evidence of some horrible penguin crime against nature? The answer is yes. Yes it does.


Penguin Components:
Nori Sheets (covering the penguin)
Brown Rice (on the inside)
White Rice mixed with Edamame (surrounding him)
Steamed Tofu (stomach and eyes)
Organic Sweet Peppers (Cheeks, feet, arms and strips:
Fried Tofu (Tofu Fish)

It's simple, the head of the penguin was formed by placing nori in a ramekin and filling it halfway with brown rice. Fold it carefully and seal the edges with water. Place a tiny bit of brown rice in the middle of half a nori sheet and fold it to form a body. Place that together and place it on top of the steamed rice mixed with Edamame. Take two red peppers and cut the tips off, wrap those in nori and place onto the body of the penguin. Take a small coffee straw and place it through one of the peppers for the cheeks, add that to the face and add some steamed tofu onto the stomach. Punch out (or cut out) pieces of nori for the eyes.

Take the leftover tofu and mix it with some mirin, salt and turmeric. You can add sugar if you want, and you can cut it into fish shapes if you like. To make it even cuter I did two "X" mark slashes on the sides, but if you have a small fish-shaped cutter than that can work well on its own. That's it - now eat the evidence!

Enjoy!

Signed,
<3 Bou Shin <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...