Thursday, June 16, 2011

Vegan Croque Madam Panini



I haven't been able to cook much lately, so here's a little tasty piece to snack on. The vegan croque madame, a delicious mix of an Italian cooking technique and French (and technically Japanese)flavors.



(Vegan Croque Madame Ingredients)

  • 2 slices of Whole Wheat Whole Grain Bread
  • 4 pieces of Vegan Ham
  • 1 slice of Soy Mozzarella (you may need to rub water on it)
  • Turmeric, Salt, Pepper, Cracked Red Pepper for color and taste.
  • 2 tbl Good-Quality Olive Oil per piece of bread

(Directions)
  • Cook your tofu with all of the seasonings.
  • Spread a tablespoon of olive oil on one side of both slices of bread.
  • Assemble sandwich with all of the fillings with oiled side on the outside.
  • Heat your press( you can cook in pan, then press down if you don't have one).
  • Cook until bread is golden brown and crisp.
  • Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog! That sandwich sounds amazingly yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Leslie. And it was especially delicious! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a toasted sandwich. You are dedicated to go back and redo some of your posts and I don't know where you find the time, there is no way I could do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much Jacqueline. ^^ I'm just glad I could find a break over the summer to accomplish this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this is one sandwich I never thought I'd see veganized... Very creative combination of both tofu and soy cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. :) I never thought that this post would be so popular.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...