Monday, April 16, 2012

The Cat Bento (Coraline)

Its been a while since I've made a bento - but here's another character installment from my favorite movie, "Coraline"! The "darkness" of this bento doesn't come from the colors, but the rich flavors of my banana flower curry and kale. A bit of seasoned nori that I accidentally picked up gave the Cat a bit more character and made him look even more shaggy and greasy. To offset his color I used a nice yellow saffron rice and to keep everything from looking like a neon stripe I added a nice subtle "garden".


Cat Bento Ingredients:
Banana Flower Curry
Cilantro
Radish
Kale
Diced Zucchini
Olives
Nori
Soft Tortilla
Saffron Rice

I hope that this inspires you to make your own! All I need to do now is make about ten more characters and I'll be done! I'm thinking of doing Wybie next. ^^ What installment do YOU think I should do next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...