These aren't exactly like their "Cheetos" cousins, but the soft inside paired with the crunchy and slightly sweet outside is a winner. These would be great served as a snack or even part of a meal for a "bread basket", similar to hush puppies with a bit of their own flavor - these are sure to please.
(Puff Dough Ingredients)
- 1 and 3/4 cups White Corn Meal
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 2 tbl Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 cup of Warmed Water + 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1/3 tsp of Whipped Agar (optional)
(BBQ Powder Ingredients)
- 3 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp of Raw Sugar
- 1 tsp of Stevia
- About 1/4 cup of Veg Powdered Cheese (or Nutritional Yeast)
- Salt to taste
- Mix dough together until you can squeeze it without falling apart and then take a small cookie scoop to plop them out.
- Allow to brown on all sides by pan-frying them, then bake for about 20 minutes until everything has crisped and fully cooked.
- Quickly roll in the powder, serve and enjoy.