Friday, May 18, 2012

Amazing, Self-Icing Mini-Cinnamon Rolls (Yeast-Free, Low-Fat, Low-Sugar, Simple)



One morning I had a hankering for some fierce baking, and I had made some "marshmallow fluff" that was really more of a nice fat-free buttercream since I purposefully thickened it. I decided to make some cinnamon rolls but I've had an aversion to yeast lately so that was out of the question. No, I needed something quick that I could have within the hour - and so I just used a little bit of baking powder, elbow grease and a dash of sugar and spice (literally) until I was done!



(Cinnamon Roll Dough Ingredients)

  • 2 cups of Whole White Wheat
  • 1 tsp of Raw Sugar
  • 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
  • A Pinch of Salt
  • Vanilla Non-Dairy Milk to mix
  • 1 tbl of Veggie Fat or Applesauce

(Cinnamon Roll Dough Directions)
  • Combine your dry, then slowly add in your milk until it only slightly forms into a dough, then knead into a soft but elastic dough.
  • Roll into a ball then cut in half. Roll each half thinly.
  • allow to rest and then place on a liberal sprinkling of cinnamon-sugar with some vegan margarine.
  • Afterwards, place some cold(preferably homemade) vanilla frosting on top and spread liberally.
  • Let it chill in the fridge for 15 minutes then bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until it is finally well-baked.
  • Let cool until only slightly warm then serve.(I like to add a little extra frosting, too!).
  • Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog,This is healthy version of cinnamon rolls,and non dairy too,very impress,recipe :)
    Ridwan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for commenting and following, Ridwan! ^^ Much appreciated!

      Delete
  2. Thanks a lot, Pegasuslegend! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, I would never have thought you could make cinnamon rolls without yeast! What a great recipe and you cinnamon roll looks so pretty and also must be much healthier.

    Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your wonderful comment, Elaine! ^^ Its so sweet!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...