Saturday, October 8, 2011

Vegan Cheese Sticks



I apologize for the slightly blurry photo, it seems like all of my photos have been like this lately. These didn't turn out as well as I wanted them to - but you can modify them as you like.



(Vegan Cheese Sticks Ingredients)

  • 3-5 tbl Agar Agar
  • 3-5 tbl Cold Water
  • 1 cup Original (or unsweetened) Soymilk
  • 3-5 tbl Yellow Miso Paste
  • 3 tbl Nutritional Yeast
  • A few drops of India Tree Yellow Dye (optional)
  • A pinch of Sea Salt (optional)

(Directions)
  • Combine your water and agar agar. Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
  • Bring your soymilk to a boil.
  • Add agar agar blend to the soymilk, stir in the miso paste and then add the nutritional yeast and dye. Make sure everything is mixed well.
  • Pour it into a very small square mold to make the pieces thick.
  • Let it sit for about 2 hours and then slice and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not vegan but I think it's very interesting to see how you Veganize the food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nami - I try hard to vegetize my food for fun. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...