Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sushi Time



Okay, I've been going a little crazy with tofu lately - I know. But there are so many things that you can do with it especially with the fatfree vegan recipe that I just used in my breakfast bento. I found that when you start the tofu omelette off in a cold pan and keep the lid on until the top solidifies - it's very similar to egg sheets used for kyaraben. They didn't turn out as smooth as normal egg sheets but I think that was because I didn't use silken tofu.

Finn's Face:
1/2 block of Tofu (of your choice)
1/2 tbl Tahini
1 tbl Cornstarch
1 tbl Beet Juice
1/4-1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Iodized Salt

Jake's Face:
1/2 block of Tofu (of your choice)
1 tbl Cornstarch
1 tbl Water
1/4 cup of Nutritional Yeast
1/2 tsp Turmeric (I didn't have this)
1/2 tsp Iodized Salt

For Jake's face I had actually only used a fourth of a package of tofu, so if you follow the recipe exactly you may need to split it up into two batches. After you oil your medium-sized non-stick pan, spread in your tofu mixture and make it as round as possible and as smooth and even on top as possible. Turn on the heat and quickly put on a (hopefully clear) lid on top. Check it every so often and once the top solidifies, turn off the heat and remove the lid and use a rubber spatula to carefully scrape around the sides. Turn it upside down on a plate until it cools then pat it down once corrected.

Cut out and place on top of sushi rice and decorate with nori, soy cheese, carrots and sriracha as you like.

Enjoy!

Signed,
<3 Bou Shin <3

6 comments:

  1. These are so adorable!! :] My sisters love that show :D Keep the awesome vegan food coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Paulina - I love the show too. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. how did you make the actual eyes and mouths of the characters? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. how do you make the eyes and mouths of the characters? what did you use? :) thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used nori and soy cheese for their expressions - and sriracha for their cheeks. ^^ Thank you for asking!

      Delete
    2. Oh, and carrots for Gunther as well.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...