Monday, July 18, 2011

Vegan Sakura Denbu Part 2


I had been planning to do this for a while now since my other sakura denbu wasn't dry or flaky enough. I wondered what I could use - the answer was coconut! I had two bags of coconut flakes, one that was sweetened and the other was unsweetened and untouched other than being dehydrated. I couldn't find the later and so I went for the sweetened.


(2nd Vegan Sakura Denbu Recipe)

  • 1/4 cup Coconut Flakes (Unsweetened would probably be best)
  • 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
  • 1/2 tsp Mirin
  • 1/2 tsp Beet Juice

(Directions)
  • Combine all of the ingredients together in order and place through a food processor until it all turns into small flaky bits.
  • Place the mixture into a cheesecloth and tie it very tightly.
  • Once that is done- begin to wring out any liquid as best as you can. If it's not dry enough for you, you can dot across the "denbu" once you open up your cheesecloth.
  • Use in your favorite bento mixture.
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...