Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Raw Mint Chocolate Ice Cream (No Added Sugar, Gluten-Free, Raw)


I was in the middle of making my favorite avocado smoothie and some beet pancakes when I noticed that I had way too big of a smoothie for it to be fresh. Instead of saving it or waking someone else up to eat the other half I instead decided to  freeze it, and oh boy was I happy that I did. The next day there was a slight heat wave but I was prepared! This is more similar to chocolate ice, unless you use an ice cream maker, but the mint and chocolate flavors are really fantastic, and can help your kids out with a sugar-free way of eating more fruits and veggies.


(Ingredients)
  • 1 Large Ripe Banana
  • 1/2 Large Ripe Avocado
  • 1/4 cup of Cocoa
  • 5 tsp Stevia
  • 3 drops of Food-Safe Mint Oil
  • About 1 & 1/2 cups Non-Dairy Milk

(Directions)
  • Blend the ingredients until fine and then freeze, taking it out every three hours or so to scrape and mix it to your liking. Skip the step if you are churning and let it thaw for five minutes or so when you are ready to eat.
  • Grab a spoon and enjoy!

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...