Friday, July 27, 2012

Raw Vegan Brownies (Soy-Free, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free)



Lately I've been trying a lot more raw vegan foods and recipes to get rid of over-processed sugars and take a short vacation from wheat. It has really been working for me and I'm extremely energetic due to it, which just makes me a bucketload of fun. As for these brownies, you could say that they are more than chockful of nuts - the whole base is made out of nuts and pressed into the tops of each brownie is a delicious coconut flavored almond. It took maybe only three or four hours for these to dehydrate, but it depends on how moist or crisp you want these to be. They're lightly chocolatey but full of coconutty-goodness, and a sprinkle of stevia on top can really make them "pop!"



(Ingredients)

  • 5 Softened Dates or Prunes
  • 1/2 cup of Coconut Flour
  • 1/4 cup of Plain Almonds
  • 3 tsp Grated Raw Chocolate (sub cocoa if not fully raw)

(Directions)
  • After softening your fruit in warm water, you can process it with the rest of the ingredients.
  • Press into a dish lined with parchment paper and dehydrate at 180 degrees for 2-5 hours or until it looks well done. I still like to stick a knife in it to test its "gooeyness" and the edges to see if they are plump or crisp. Press it thinner if you like them a bit on the crisp and chewy side.
  • Allow to cool slightly, serve and enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely snack, all the ingredients I love...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I have yet to purchase a dehydrater and these look great. I've made something very similar sans dehydrater. I love raw desserts, I've been off the sugar for almost a year. You go Bou!!! So glad you are feeling more energetic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, a year? That's amazing - I've just started really. ^^ And thank you so much, GiGi! Your comments truly brighten my day!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...