Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fat-Free Vegan Gravy

 
 
 


I have a thing for seitan but sometimes just a fried, steamed or boiled piece isn't enough for me. I need to stretch out and make sure that everyone who eats this also gets a great deal with veggies and that's why I think my fat-free gravy is best. It something that I loved to use on Boca Burgers with lots of jalapenos and steamed rice for Vegan Loco Mocos (I never liked it with tofu for some reason...). You can easily make chik'en seitan, boil some beans or have some tempeh for this or some other type of seitan and smothered in the gravy. I would say it even goes great with some biscuits and a tofu omelette in the morning!
!


(Fat-Free Vegan Ingredients)

  • 1/4 C. All-Purpose Flour
  • 1/2-1 C. Vegetable Broth
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
  • Minced Garlic and Onions
  • Sliced Mushrooms, Green and Jalapeno Peppers & Steamed Broccoli

(Directions)
  • Cook your onions until translucent, then add in your garlic and stir.
  • Add in your other vegetables except for the broccoli, sprinkle on your flour and cook until it has browned and the flour has cooked out.
  • Slowly dribble in your broth and allow to thicken.
  • Fold in your broccoli and serve it over anything you like

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious, will try it out. Thanks Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Diane! Hope you had a great week! ^^

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...