Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 4 of Shinmas

We didn't have anyone sign up for Shinmas today but that doesn't mean that I have nothing to share! I love to make seitan and I would say that there are an abundance of recipes that both I and my non-vegan family love, but there are other dishes with plenty of "umami" as well.

My absolute favorite seitan dish happens to be this nice, thinly sliced and shredded, Italian "beef". It was so juicy and flavorful we sometimes make three pounds of seitan to feed just two or three people, and we found the perfect way to have this was with vegan garlic & chive cream cheese and lots of Pat's Giardineria. Divine and melt-in-your-mouth tender!

Italian Beef Recipe Link: http://shinsveganloving.blogspot.com/2012/08/vegan-italian-beef-w-homemade-hot.html 




Another one of my favorites is a very early recipe from my blog - vegan haemul pa jeon. These are seafood pancakes that are (traditionally) filled with calamari, scallops and shrimp but instead I used the much more vegan-friendly mushrooms and Chinese seaweed. It was salty, chewy, crisp and full of flavor - I still love it today with its umaminess. The shiitake mushrooms really brought it out, I feel, but I think that its best if you guys experience it for yourselves.

Vegan Haemul Pa Jeon Link: http://shinsveganloving.blogspot.com/2011/05/vegan-haemul-pa-jeon.html 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...