Thursday, February 23, 2012

Kuririn Parfait (Low-Fat and Sugar-Free)



I came up with this yesterday because I was a bit tired of making Hello Kitty for everything - and I bet you guys were too. I had originally had my eyes set on a King Cake but after an incident (that you'll know about if you follow me on Twitter) that was saved by my beautiful freezer that also resulted in ensuring that I had a very seedy cake - I decided to make a hamster themed dessert! Trust me - its fantastic and addicting.



(Seed Cake Dry Ingredients)

  • 4 tbl of Coconut Oil (slightly cold)
  • 1 and 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
  • 3/4 cup of Chia Seeds (soaked with water)
  • 2 and 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
  • 1/2 cup of All-Purpose Flour
  • 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt
  • 1/4 cup of Stevia (or other Powdered Substitute)
  • 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
  • 2 cups of Vegan Buttermilk

(Directions)
  • Cream together your stevia and coconut oil and then slowly add in your chia seeds.
  • Fold in your flour and other dry ingredients. Then pour in your wet ingredients. Mix gently until fully incorporated and place into a greased baking dish.
  • Bake for about an hour at 350 degrees or until well-browned and cooked. Let it rest, then chill.
  • Put some cake into your serving dish. Top with homemade coconut whipped cream, dehydrated bananas, a fanned strawberry and put a little bit of pandan on one banana slice and place it near the strawberry for the full "Kuririn" effect.



I hope you enjoy! Whose your favorite Sanrio character?

12 comments:

  1. Oooh yum! I really need to get me some chia seeds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine! They're great in everything! ^^

      Delete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog...you have a lovely space too!! This looks really yum... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I love how you experiment with making these characters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! :) And that fanned strawberry is a very cool idea!!

    Tell me, do soaked chia seeds taste similar to soaked basil seeds. They look almost the same with the gooey outer layer, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veganosaurus! I guess they do taste kind of like soaked basil seeds - but chia seeds are much plainer and easier to "hide" in foods. ^^

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...