Monday, February 20, 2012

Raw Vegan Gluten-Free Sardines/Anchovies



Yesterday I made a delicious banana flower curry that I'm now obsessed with, and while removing a layer of petals I noticed the immature bananas. I didn't want to ruin the flavor that everyone said was bitter and so I took a quick bite of one of the little gangly things - it tasted like a cross between a green bean and a green banana peel. Wanting to utilize everything, I noticed a lot of them looked like little fish and a few had little cute pockets on them so I decided to half-dehydrate some. The recipe is so simple that you'll have fresh little "fish" within the hour or so.



(Raw Vegan Sardines Ingredients)

  • 1/4 Cup of Immature Bananas
  • 4 tbl of Cold-Pressed Olive Oil
  • 1 tsp of Minced Parsley
  • 1/4 tsp of Minced Garlic
  • A heavy pinch of Sea Salt

(Directions)
  • Toss all of the ingredients together and place into an oven at about 180 degrees (about 300 if non-raw) and then wait until you've smelled the garlic and olive oil permeating the air.
  • Take out, taste and tell me what you think!
  • Enjoy!


I hope that you enjoyed this little tidbit!

3 comments:

  1. Sardines and banana? Interesting. If I can find sardines, I can make it. I love sardines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - no real animal products in here, Marina. ^^ All you need is the little "stems" from a banana flower/cone - you should be able to find some in any Asian store.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I'll have to save this one for my sister who loves sardines.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...