Crunchy on the inside and unbelievably fluffy on the inside with lots of yummy homemade ice cream. You can't even taste the spinach or bananas! Surprised? This dish is great to round up a healthy meal with a decadent treat with a nice surprise. Your kids (or anyone shorter than you, honestly) will look up at you and say "There's no way that vegetables can be in here!", I'm sure. But oh they are in there dear children and people that are shorter than me, they are.
(Five-Ingredient Ice Cream Ingredients)
- 1 Mildly Ripe Banana frozen
- 2 tsp of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
- 4 tbl of Peanut Butter
- 2 tbl of Raw Sugar
(Brownie Bite Ingredients)
- 1/4 cup of Vegan Margarine (or Coconut Oil)
- 1/4 cup of Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
- 1/4 cup of Raw Sugar
- 1 cup of Whole Grain Flour
- 3/4 cup of Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp of Stevia
- 1/4 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup of Spinach Juice (and pulp)
(Raw Vegan Version of Brownie Bites)
- 3/4 cup of Raw Cocoa Powder
- 20 Raw and Soaked Dates
- 1 tsp of Stevia (optional)
- 1/2 cup of Raw Oats
- 1/4 cup of Cold Coconut Oil
- A few tbl of Spinach Juice and Pulp
- For the Ice Cream: First, mash your banana with a whisk, add your lemon juice and then your sugar. Let that sit for a minute and then mash some more until it looks custard like. Move your whisk around in an effort to whip air into it.
- Combine with the vanilla and then add your peanut butter after everything has been whisked and masked completely. Mix for a minute more then stash in the freezer for about an hour.
- Take out, whisk again and then place in the freezer while you decide which Brownie bites version you want to make.
- For your Non-raw Brownie Bites:, cream together the margarine, sugar and vanilla and refrigerate for about five minutes. Whisk again and then fold in your dry ingredients. Mix on high with electric beaters and then slowly pour your milk in until it comes together. Use an ice cream scoop and place onto a well-oiled cookie sheet and place in fridge for 15 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, crank the heat up to 400 for about five minutes and set back to 350 until the tops have firmed and the bottoms have browned well. Let cool for five minutes then scoop a bit of your ice cream top and enjoy!
- For the Raw Brownie Bites: Grind your oats together and then mix with everything else.
- Use an ice cream scoop to place them on some parchment paper and freeze until ready.
- Combine with your ice cream, serve everything extremely cold and enjoy!