Sunday, March 11, 2012

Double Bento - Walking Dead and Ice Cream

This first bento was my attempt at some nori art - what's supposed to look like his beard ended up looking like cheeks and the hat was all wrong. Can you tell who I was going for? Because I barely can - even though I did make an attempt at making this into Dale from "The Walking Dead". In this bento are some carrot flowers that I lightly steamed, banh pho, peppers, radishes, cucumbers and broccoli. Later on I added some delicious mochiko tofu and on the side is some mochiko garlic bread.

This bento is my absolute favorite, it has some "torn lasagna" in it with shocked broccoli, a pear, a tomato, cucumbers peppers, carrots, a vegan egg and a tiny dot of "ice cream" rice cheese. This is meant to be a delicious ice-cream themed bento, but either way its great. I had to rush with this but what do you think?

Lasagna Noodles Recipe:
1 and 1/2 cups of Flour
A pinch of Salt
Enough Water to bind it

Mix the ingredients together with your hands and knead until everything comes together. Let the paste rest for thirty minutes under a damp towel, roll it out and then cut into your desired pieces. Roll out each piece as thin as possible, flour lightly and boil. When the noodles rise to the top you can add them to your lasagna.

Lasagna Ingredients:
Mushroom Sausages (Button Mushrooms spiced with Italian Spices)
Tomato Pepperoni
Spinach
Spaghetti Sauce
Onions, Peppers and Black Olives



I hope that you guys enjoyed this - I'm off to create more recipes and bentos for you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...