Thursday, March 22, 2012

Coraline "The Other Mother" Soboro Bento

Hi again guys! I promise that I haven't abandoned you, but I've been working extra hard with volunteering for charities, making up some surprises (for you guys!) and cooking. But when I could crawl away from the self-beatings and trekked the desert of tiredness I was able to snag a few pictures and recipes down for you guys. I hope that you can forgive me for not having the greatest carving or nori art here but I was really smart with this idea. Notice her sweater? Yep, that's a little piece of apple that had been exposed to the air for about four hours...I dunked it in a little rice vinegar to keep it from becoming gross but allowed enough air to hit it to make the sweater look "knitted".


Coraline #2 Bento Ingredient List:
Soft Tortilla
Nori
Jamaican-style Soboro
Black Rice
Radishes
Carrots,
Jalapenos
Tomatoes
Cauliflower
Apple Slice w/ Rice Vinegar
Cilantro

To make the soboro all you have to do is add your favorite crumbles (or lentils, or beans, ect) and combine them with chopped onion, peas, allspice, curry powder, sliced cabbage, black pepper, minced garlic, carrots, water and cinnamon until it has all come together and it is no longer liquidy. Let cool and then place in your bento to enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thansk Marina! ^^ Great to see you posting again!

      Delete
  2. This looks so yummy! Love the details, right down to how u browned the apple just right to make the sweater looks 'knitted'. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ming! ^^ I love seeing you post here!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...