Monday, June 11, 2012

American Stir-Fry (Low-Fat, Fun, Simple)

American stir-fry actually originated in Thailand somewhere around the 1960's for American soldiers. Normally it contains hot sauce, hot dogs, fried chicken, rice and possibly macaroni - but they all vary and just about anything can be considered that style of stir-fry nowadays. Its meant to provide a lot of dense, nutritional value that is easy to eat and it was used to provide a 'homey' feeling for the soldiers. It is still served in some restaurants, but its popularity varies.

Here is my version of a "breakfast" American stir-fry

American Stir-Fry Recipe:
1 Handful of Cooked Veggie Sausage
1 large Collard Green
1/4 package of Tofu
Cooked Brown Rice
Turmeric
Bell Peppers, Onions and Garlic
Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder

*Nutritional facts will be configurated later

If you wish, you can season it with soy sauce and a yummy, spicy garlic sauce instead or do as I did and pour a mix of the two and Louisiana hot sauce on it.

1 comment:

  1. Very delicious recipe! I like the bell pepers around of it! I will try this for my breakfast tomorrow. I'm sure this is suited to my taste. Thanks for sharing this!

    Beef Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...