Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cow and Chicken Bento (Bring Back the Bento #1)

This was actually of my most fun and favorite bentos to make, I even included the red guy who follows them around! If you've never seen "Cow and Chicken", a cartoon from the late 90's - don't fret, you can still learn about it here. Originally I was going to have 'The Red Guy' on a tofu salad sandwich with cherry tomatoes, but we had pumpernickel bread and only strawberries in the house, still resulting in a comical piece with his tail hanging out over his "strawberries". Cow and Chicken, meanwhile look a bit more dazed and simple than usual.

I've also started a new bento segment titled "Bring Back the Bento" where I, and any willing participants make bentos from our childhoods. What do you think?

Cow and Chicken Bento Ingredients:
Blackberries
Broccoli
Bean Sprouts
Sweet Peas
Cilantro
Blueberries
Yellow Bell Pepper
Strawberries
Whole Wheat PB & SJ sandwiches
Pumpernickel and Peanut Butter Sandwich
Whole Wheat Tortilla
Rice Cheese

I hope that you like it! ^^

8 comments:

  1. Oh that looks so good with the berries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO CUTE! I unfortunately don't know cow and chicken! Am I missing it a big time? I'll start making bento this year for my son.. wish me luck... xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nami! ^^ Its moreso a nostalgic type of show from the 90's, hehe. And I'm sure you'll do great - you have great skills in photography and creativity!

      Delete
  3. Bahaha, love it! Your nostalgia theme idea is great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for the wonderful comments, Cristi! ^^ They're much appreciated!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...