Monday, June 4, 2012

Dessert Hummus (Low-Fat, Low-Sugar, Protein-Filled)



Hey all! If you haven't noticed, I have a serious love for hummus. I eat it with potatoes, seared tofu and cruciferous vegetables in all forms. Currently I am also having a serious affair with spicy red pepper hummus and smear it even on my toast or whatever veggie platter I'm munching on. This time, though, I decided to make a big batch of dessert hummus...yes, it has sugar in it. But don't be afraid! These remind me so much of the gluten-free snickerdoodles that I love and I hope that you will enjoy it too.



(Dessert Hummus Ingredients)

  • 1 cup of Stewed Chickpeas
  • 4 tbl of Jelled Chickpea Broth
  • A few tbl of Nut Butter (optional)
  • About 5 tsp of Stevia + 3 Raw Sugar
  • Enough Oat Flour to thicken i
  • 1/2 cup of Add-Ins

(Dessert Hummus Directions)
  • Puree everything together (leaving the nut butter out if you want it to be lower fat).
  • If you like, you can sprinkle the raw sugar on top when serving and let it melt. Otherwise, you can let the hummus chill in the fridge for an hour or two to taste extra delicious.
  • Enjoy!

** Wash the chickpeas and replace the broth with oil if you feel that it will taste too "beany".**

* Add in your nuts, cinnamon, chocolate chips or what have you after everything has turned into hummus. That way everything is still intact.*

2 comments:

  1. I love chickpeas but I've only tried them in one sweet recipe before - a healthy cookie dough dip. A healthy dessert hummus sounds fantastic! Can't wait to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicola! I guess you could say this is a sort of cookie dough dip, although a bit beanier. ^^

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...