Sunday, June 10, 2012

Thai Buddhist Temple Visit

A while ago my family (and a few amazing friends) and I visited a temple that had been donated to the area from Thailand where a few people do go to worship, but this one seems to be used more for aesthetics as there are very many Buddhist temples around the area. We went around the spring time and also got pictures of coffee plants, banana trees and other tropical things - but when we reached the other plants it was too cold for them to do much more than bud. They're all bound to be so beautiful, though, and once everything is set up for the right date we may visit it again.

Do you like to travel?

The picture above is one of my favorites as I love the lion statues that are placed all over the place. It is surrounded by bushes and was northwest to the temple.

This statue we spotted on our way out. Sadly, a few of them were extremely covered in thickets of brush, flowers and berries. These were also taken with a camera phone because I didn't think of bringing my PhotoSmart and I missed out on telling you guys about this amazing veggie burger! I was so dissapointed with that one. But hey, a little editing and they're a lot better, don't you think?


The front of the temple - real gold was used in some of this as well. Isn't it just gorgeous?

The ceiling - it was even more amazing than the picture could ever show, really.

 This is the other half of the ceiling.


I had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...