Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Bento For Dad

As I've said before - my father is a diabetic so I decided to watch out on his carbs for this meal, and surprisingly found that seitan doesn't contain a lot of carbs (which eventually convert to sugars if not run off). Since he works for several long hours I decided to give him the seitan to also help him keep awake and only used a teaspoon of olive oil to make a small batch crispy, dry-frying the onions and peppers. On the side I have a half-whole wheat tortilla shaped into multiple hearts with the word "Dad" markered on top. Underneath is simply some spinach for a simple and basic bento. I used Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime, cumin and some garlic powder for the seasoning as well.

Bento For Dad Ingredients:
Fajita Seitan
Garlic, Onions, Bell Peppers
Whole Wheat Tortilla
Spinach

I hope that you (and my dad) will enjoy! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...