Saturday, January 28, 2012

Homemade Cocoa Krispies



This is more of a "toss around" food since all you need is five or six ingredients to make it - making it very simple. I prefer to make my own cereal for this because I prefer bitter foods moreso than I do the normal cereal and I can control the taste a bit better. Added to the fact that brown rice cereal is used doesn't make it half bad either.



(Cocoa Krispies Ingredients)

  • 1 Cup of Puffed Rice Cereal (preferably Brown)
  • 1/4 cup of Cocoa Powder
  • 2 tbl of Raw Sugar
  • 1 tsp of Neutral Oil
  • Agave Nectar to taste

(Directions)
  • Toss your cereal with the oil and coat with the sugar and cocoa powder.
  • Sift the excess cocoa powder and sugar off of the cereal and place onto a parchment paper-covered pan.
  • Toast at 250 degrees for about five minutes or until you can smell the taste of cocoa has changed.
  • Add in a drizzle of agave nectar, some fruit and serve in a bowl with your favorite non-dairy milk
  • Enjoy!

21 comments:

  1. Great treat! and easy. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marina! ^^ I've seen you've taken as much of a liking to my blog as I yours!

      Delete
  2. Very healthy and delicious. Thanks for dropping by simply.food.your visit and comments are very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, simply.food! ^^ Yours are as well!

      Delete
  3. yummy, what a delicious idea!! I love cocoa cereal :D well...I love cocoa anything, hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Char - I say that we're the same way! ^^ heh

      Delete
  4. Such and easy and delicious idea, thank you for sharing the recipe with us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Sawsan! ^^ Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing this easy and quick recipe with us

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great. Also, gluten free. I will see if I can make it with stevia instead of the sugar and agave. I like your blog a lot, it's full of foodie ideas that I have not seen before. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Sara! ^^ Stevia actually works fantastically in this recipe - I tend to put it on afterwards for some reason, though.

      Delete
  7. I awarded you Liebster Blog Award. Visit my blog to see what's next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much - I'm honored, Marina! ^^

      Delete
  8. How clever! I would never have thought to convert standard 'krispies to a cocoa version in this way, but it's really rather brilliant. I can't imagine wanting to eat a bowl of plain rice krispies, but this? I'd wolf down in a second.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Hannah - I hope you try it soon! ^^

      Delete
  9. oh my! I am making this! Awesome way to make my fav snack a lot healthier.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...