Sunday, January 22, 2012

Year of The Dragon Bento

It looks more like a puppy than a dragon - but that's okay because it makes it that much more adorable. As normal, this bento is quite healthy and filled with loads of fruits, vegetables and legumes that would give your little dragon lots of energy. I had some slices of char siu leftover from my last seitan-session so I decided to put them in the bottom bento. This is all pretty and colorful but my favorite are the little rice "packets" that are cubed to make them easier to pick up with chopsticks or fingers.

Year of The Dragon Bento Ingredients:
Starfruit
Blanched Brocolli and Brussels Sprouts
Seitan Char Siu
Julienned Carrots
Peeled Parsnips
White and Brown Rice Packets
Mixed Beans
Nori
Soy Cheese

I hope that you enjoy it!

8 comments:

  1. I would really like one of your bentos for lunch! It would be such a pleasure to eat from an adorable box like those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thank you very much Lovlie! Maybe one day I will be able to send mine out. ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made a bento using dragon theme! WOW! I am learning all of good tricks from you so that I can start making bento from next fall. Char Siu sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe - just ask if you ever need some more tips and tricks, Nami! ^^ I know you'll put a great spin on your bentos.

      Delete
  4. So cute your bento...perfect to celebrate the Chinese New Year...Dragon!
    Hope you are having a fantastic week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juliana! ^^ Hope that you have a great week too!

      Delete
  5. Very cute and delicious. What is char siu?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Miss Rachel. ^^ Char Siu is basically the bright red BBQ pork you would see in Chinese restaurants - this is just the vegan version of course.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...